Friday, August 21, 2020

The overexposed

I can see the pictures now,

But more than that I could see your faces when you would look at them later,

There are feelings that haunt these photographs of us,

Off a peculiar brand of memories,

One that you cant remember but somehow feels very familiar,

And this is where I wish our paths would split,

So you wont end up like me,

Comfortable in solace,

I do not wish to be forgotten, no,

Not by the likes of you,

Not by the likes of people who I'd have given hold of my heart,

Even in days like this when you're all squeezing it a little too tightly,

I would still not have asked for it back,

Because I've known the piercing pain in my chest,

And how beautiful it is,

I don't know if you've felt it before,

In case you haven't,

Its nearly the same as one you've felt,

When you are looking at these photographs of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment